3. Advanced Diplomas
5. Graduate Diplomas
6. Postgraduate Diplomas
Master in Sport BusinessThe sports sector is a rapidly growing area of the economy and is recognised as big business. We will help you gain an understanding of the sports industry and the business principles that sit at its core, helping you turn your passion for sport into a lifelong career.
By examining the work of sports business professionals, agencies, organisations and governing bodies, you'll gain an understanding of how general business principles can be applied to the sports industry. Working with industry partners we'll help you increase your employment opportunities in this exciting field, both nationally and globally.
With a choice of option modules, you'll have the opportunity to tailor your course to your individual needs and career aspirations. Whether you're already working in the sports arena and wish to progress to a more senior management role, or if you have related experience and want a career change, our course will help you stand out in the professional world.
Sport is now recognised as big business and requires well qualified individuals to fulfil a range of management related functions. An increasing commercial focus is also needed in both the public and voluntary sports sector. This relates to a diverse series of employment opportunities - from the commercial director of a professional sports club to the general management of local authority sports facilities and the professional aspirations of countless sports and related governing bodies.
- Stadium Facilities Manager
- Sports Retail Account Manager
- Commercial Director
- Sport Development Manager
- Core Modules
Strategic Management of the Sports Business Environment (20 credits)
Sport business organisations need to think and act strategically to succeed. Gain an insight into related aspects of the internal and external environment in order to formulate a holistic strategy for organisational development.
- Enterprise, Entrepreneurship & Sport (20 credits)
Consider the area of enterprise and entrepreneurship with regards to business start-up, growth and sustained development, recognising the key role that strategy and finance play in achieving long-term success for sports businesses.
- Sport Marketing & PR (20 credits)
Stimulating an enquiring, analytical and creative approach to the study of sports marketing and PR this module aims to develop your critical understanding and awareness of contemporary sports marketing issues and practices.
- Sport Economics & Finance (20 credits)
Study principles of economics and finance, using examples from the management of sports teams and clubs to illustrate economic issues and to give you an understanding of finance and funding for sports businesses.
- Human Resource & Organisational Development for Sport Managers (20 credits)
Giving your learning a grounding in professional development, you will examine the theories and good practice surrounding HR and organisational development for managers operating in a sporting environment.
- Major Independent Study (60 credits)
Undertake a major independent study into an area of your personal interest, relevant to your Sports Business course.
- Legal Regulation of Sport Business: International Legal Perspectives (20 credits)
- Professional Practice in Sport Business (20 credits)
- Student Negotiated Learning (20 credits)
- Leadership Development Through the Outdoors (20 credits)
- Sports Events: Society, Culture & Media (20 credits)
- Mode100% Online
- Διάρκεια24 to 36 Months
- Awarding InstitutionLeeds Beckett University
- Τίτλος ΠτυχίουMaster of Arts Sport Business
- ΑπαιτήσειςAt least a second class honours degree or have equivalent experience or training, normally from within the work environment plus competency in the language of instruction
- ΔίδακτραGBP 4600
Για Ελλάδα και Κύπρο: